WOMEN AND CHILDREN INTELLECTUAL ENHANCEMENT CENTRE
Women And Children Intellectual Enhancement Centre (WOCIA) is a violence prevention and Women empowerment organization that provides workshops, symposiums, crisis counseling, support groups and other related services and events that educate and empower women and their families in Nigeria to stop the cycle of violence, and stay free of violence and abuse.
Our Objectives are:
- To reach out to women of all ages, cultural, ethnic, and socio economic background.
- To educate the community about the epidemic of violence perpetrated against women, in Abuja, Nigeria and all over the world.
- To educate women and men about the different types of abuse, the signs, symptoms and how to get help.
- To empower women so that they can avoid abusive and violent relationships.
- To help stop the cycle of violence by working with children who have been exposed to violence or may be at risk of violent behaviour. This includes programs for parents of children with behavioural issues.
- To make available free legal services to women and children who are victims of abuse.
- To rehabilitate children who have been victims of abuse.
Our MissionWOCIA is geared towards development of women's sense of Self-worth; their right to have and determine choices; their right to have access to opportunitiesand resources; their right to have the power to control their own lives, both within and outside the home; and their ability to influence the direction of social change to create a more just, social and economic order, nationally and internationally.These can be achieved through targeting initiatives to expand women economic opportunity; strengthen their legal status and rights; and ensure their voice, inclusion and participation in economic decision-making.Expanding women economic opportunities means: more and better jobs for women across a wider range of sectors; a business climate that supports women in starting and growing businesses, and building their management and entrepreneurial skills.
Effects of Abuse
Health consequences can result directly from violent acts or from the long-term effects of violence.
Support Us Today
Your support and contributions will be greatly appreciated